Saturday, February 27, 2016

New floors are in!

Last weekend, we put in the new floors...lots of cutting of tiles, so it took a long time, but it's done now!

This weekend, we plan to reinstall the cabinets and close up the camper so that next weekend we will have room in the garage to do the countertops.  And of course the sewing has to continue. I have two cushions done now!

Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Valentines/Happy President's Day

We've been very busy this long weekend...homework, errands, a birthday party for Tommy, picked out new carpet for the upstairs, and of course working on the MAP.

We finished the last of the painting this weekend, putting a third coat on the cabinets and today Mike spray painted the tracks with appliance spray paint. I'm hoping to be done with paint very soon!

 While he was doing that, I sewed the first of the seat cushion covers.  I'm not going to lie. I really had no idea what I was doing. With the help of a couple Youtube videos, I figured out how to put a zipper into the end of the cushion. Then, I had to figure out how to handle the corners! It was definitely a challenge that stretched my sewing skills. It's not perfect, but the first one came out pretty well. The hardest part turned out to be getting the board and cushion back in--it was so tight we popped the end of the zipper and tore the seam, so I had to do a little repair work. Still, it looks loads better than the old one. Of course, it took me most of the day to do one, so hopefully I will get faster as I go.   I only have 3 more to go! Oh, and curtains and valances!

In addition, we tore out the old floor yesterday as well. With a couple of box cutters to score the edges, it actually came up really quickly. We will plan to put the new flooring down next weekend. We treated the plywood with some mold and mildew spray, so we have to let it dry good first. The new floor is peel and stick vinyl tiles, so it should go in pretty quickly. Then, we can reinstall the rest of the cabinets. I'm ready for things to start coming together. I think a few more weekends and things should start to really come together.

While we were working in the garage and/or sewing room a lot, Jack spent him time in the family room creating a new lego city, which he dubbed "Iron Man City." The city came complete with a runway, garage with roof access by way of a ladder, a tank, and additional walkways. He even built his own iron man.

One more picture...I was so proud of Jack for writing his name on all 12 of the Valentines for his preschool class.

Featured Post


We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...