Monday, June 8, 2009

It's a good thing we are getting new carpet!

I haven't had time to add much lately because we are remodeling more rooms in the house, and I don't have much to write about except that.

I've been emptying out and painting the basement the last few days. Let's talk about many, many square feet of walls. Today, Aspen stepped into the paint tray. Of course, I let out a squeal of dismay and dived off the ladder after her, which she read as "I'm in trouble." Unfortunately, her response to trouble is "Retreat" so she took off, with me chasing her as she left paint prints across the floor. Luckily, I caught her after a few feet. I forced her to sit still while her paw was depainted and cleaned up the floor as best I could, but it's lucky we are getting new carpet because the paint stains didn't really come up.

I'm painting the walls and ceiling a light yellow color with a brown accent wall in a color called "creme brulee." I tried to take a picture so you could see the colors, but I'm not sure how well they came out. Eventually, I'll have to take an "after" picture of the room, but it's not put back together yet, and the ceiling needs one more coat of paint. I can't put everything back where it goes until after the new carpet, which is currently on back order, so it might be a few weeks.


Then, I tore up the carpet in the bathroom in preparation for laying new tile in there and discovered there's a lovely blue and yellow flower-print linoleum underneath. It's a bit out of date--is that 70's or 80s? The joy of old houses is that you never know what you'll find underneath, but there's always something there.

Tomorrow, I plan to finish the basement, remove the bathroom vanity, and do a dry run with the tile to figure out what pattern the floor tiles should be. I'm already ready to be done with these projects. I'm determined that all the major remodeling projects will be done before school starts in the fall so that I can relax at home and enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Lori you are so ambitious I am exhausted just reading about what you are trying to get done. The linoleum is pretty, not sure that it will match anything, but probably better than the carpet was.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...