Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Our First Snow of the Season

This first picture was taken around 6:30 and we had about 7 inches. By 8:30, when I went outside to measure with the ruler, we were up closer to 8.5 inches, and it's supposed to keep snowing off and on throughout the day. In Greeley, where I work, they are reporting a foot of snow in places, so school is closed for the day. Down near Denver where Mike works, they only have about 4 inches. Either way, it doesn't look much like October, does it?
The snow is really heavy and wet too. We have no fewer than 3 big branches down in our yard.Two were blocking streets or sidewalks and one was threatening to take out the lilac tree and the fence, so I dragged them all into a big pile at the side of the driveway while Jack was catnapping this morning. Not sure what to do with them now. :) Guess I let Mike help deal with these when he gets home. During Jack's afternoon nap, I'll have to go out and work on the sidewalks and driveway. Sigh...
Jack's not sure what to make of the snow. We went out and looked at it together for a few minutes, and I let him touch some, but he didn't react much to the cold touch. He did look around quite a bit. Plus, don't you love the big scratch he gave himself in the middle of the night?


Aspen went to daycare today so that she could get some playtime since I knew I wouldn't be able to take her out much with the weather so wet and cold. I've got ham hocks and navy beans in the Crockpot for soup tonight, and Jack and I are enjoying a quiet day inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...