Sunday, October 12, 2014

October weekend

Mike's new facility in Bothell opens on Monday, so he's been very, very busy. They installed the sign on Friday.
We spent some time this weekend cooking and cleaning and the usual. Then, Saturday night, we went out to a really fabulous dinner at a restaurant called Seastar for our anniversary. It was super yummy! We've been married 7 years tomorrow, and together for 10 years. It doesn't feel like that long!  


We have also joined the YMCA as of this weekend, and we are trying to make some changes and loose a few pounds. We all went to the Y yesterday, and Mike and I worked out while Jack played in the Adventure Zone, and then we all went for a quick swim. Today, I went back for a Zumba class, which was quite a challenge for me!  I also finished Jack's halloween costume today. This pretty much counts as my first homemade costume...I'll make you wait until Halloween to see it on, but here it is laid out on my craft table.
 I cut the sides of the shirt and tied them, adding strips of felt to simulate fur, and used felt to make a tail and the mask as well. And, I had to hand sew the whole thing because my sewing machine is broken.


Jackson has suddenly become quite the comedian. He has one joke that goes like this:

Jack: Do you remember what I had for lunch?
Me: No, what?
Jack: A shoe (laughs hilariously). That's such a funny joke! 
(The punch line changes...sometimes he eats a tree, a block, mommy, but the joke never changes and he always comments on the funny-ness of his own joke)...

The joke isn't funny, but he's hilarious nevertheless! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...