Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekend fun


I'm behind, so to begin with a little about last weekend...we were working on getting camping gear ready. We got the canoe out and scrubbed it up. Even Jack helped. Then, we took it out for a little test run of Silver Lake on Sunday.
 
When we first arrived, Jack was cold, even in sweatpants. 
We had a lovely ride around the lake and by time we finished, Jack was ready to play in the water!

Another story...after working on the canoe on Saturday, I was sitting in a chair out back. We've been battling a mole problem, and as I'm sitting there, the ground next to my chair starts to churn, right in the middle of the day. I yell to Mike, and he brings the hose and stuffs it into the hole and turns it on full blast. A little mole nose suddenly sticks out, trying to get away for the flood. Now what? So, I grab a screwdriver and I'm stabbing into the puddle, but I can't hit the thing. I do manage to use the screwdriver like a wedge and flip the mole out of the hole onto the grass. Now what?? I scoop it up onto a garden shovel and go to throw it over the fence...still alive, but the. I miss in my throw and it thuds into the fence...I got it over on my second try. Talk about a comedy of errors! We have once less mole in our yard anyway. 

Now on to today.  After a very long week, we headed out this morning. We are in a hotel in Portland tonight. We arrived here about 2pm, did some shopping, had some dinner, and then a nice swim in the pool. However, the evening was not as relaxing as this sounds because through a large part of it, I was on the phone with our house sitter boys. They said the key wasn't working and they couldn't get in. We asked them to try the back door, no go. We asked them to check with the next door neighbor; he wasn't home. We asked them to try a window-they couldn't get it open. They sent me a text picture of the key to make sure it was the right one. Just as I'm on the phone with a locksmith asking them to go over to the house and check things out, the boys tell me it looks like our neighbor, Greg, has come home so I send them to ask him for help. He helped alright...he let them know they'd been trying to get into the wrong house! The whole time, they were trying to get into the neighbor on the other side's house! I didn't even think I had to ask that question! After that, they got in with no problem obviously. Sigh-doesn't inspire great confidence, but I guess it can only get better from here. 

In the morning, we head out to Trillium Lake. Not sure when I'll have wifi again, but more to come to when I have access again.

1 comment:

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...