Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tea Bag Folding Card Class

I went to a fun craft class today to learn some intricate folding techniques for "tea bag" flowers. The first one was really easy, but then they started getting complicated very quickly.














This was the second one I learned to do. Sorry the pictures aren't great! It was such a dark card that the details are a little lost.


















Then, this is the third pattern I learned, which was the hard one! I had a lot of trouble until the teacher finally noticed I was left-handed and said, "Oh, then try it this way" and had me start folding it the opposite of everyone else, and that solved the problem. The red one is the first one I made, and it's a little uneven, but by time I made the pink one I had the method down. The pictures are a little dark and blurry--they didn't come out great--but these flowers are really neat and elegant.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. But I don't understand what you used to make them. Call me stupid! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zigzag fold at the bottom is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is made with 2 inch squares. The others are all made with folded 2 inch circles. Traditionally, they were made out of teabag papers, but I used scrapbook and origami papers.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...