Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Crafty Day and a Napper!

I hadn't seen Aspen for a little while, which makes me nervous, so I went looking for her and found her all tucked in. She knows she's not allowed on the furniture. I know I should have yelled at her to get down (and I did as soon as I'd taken her picture). The bed was fully made before, so she even pulled the covers down. This room will some day be for our children, and I can only hope they will put themselves down for a nap too.


I've been spending the day working on some craft projects. I'm determined to get my quilt done, but it's moving slowly. I made two blocks today, which brings me up to 8. This is my first attempt at anything other than squares, and getting those points to line up is something I haven't mastered yet, but each one's a little bit better. It's nothing like the quilts my talented sister- and mother-in-law make, but they've inspired me to try anyway. Of course, I started last summer, so we will see if I ever finish. For this quilt, I have a paper pattern and a picture, but no instructions so I've spent 8 blocks figuring out the best way to put them together. Hopefully, I'm getting faster as I improve. The funny thing is, I hadn't realized I put two of the colors in this block in the wrong spot until looking at the picture in the blog just now...Sigh...I'll have to fix that tomorrow. Hopefully, you didn't notice until I pointed it out either.















I also worked on cards today for some upcoming family occasions. I'm accumulating quite a collection of stamps these days. And, I really want a Cricut after seeing what my mother-in-law can do with one. Some day, maybe. Well, Aspen's full of energy after her nap, so I guess we'd better head to the dog park!






One last picture. I was just getting ready to log off, when I heard a loud bang out on the deck. I ran out to investigate, just in time to see Aspen run out onto the lawn, drinking a coke. Yes, you heard me right. Mike had taken some leftover sodas out of a cooler to clean it and left them sitting on the table on the back patio. Aspen "drank" two of them before she was caught. I think really she just liked the spray it made when she punctured the side of the can. We really must go to the dog park now. Clearly, she hasn't had enough exercise today. Spending the summer with Aspen just might cure me of the idea that I want to be a stay-at-home mom someday :).

4 comments:

  1. She looks so peaceful when she is sleeping. You can tell we’re not parents yet, our first response is always to grab the camera, not deal with the issue. Sounds like I’ll need to hose off the deck when I get home. Our “baby” has a coke habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAybe she was sleeping off her coke? good thing it wasn't beer - oh right that only comes in bottles out there!

    and did Lori really say children???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,

    Great job on the quilt blocks & cards! I know exactly how easy it is to flip a piece the wrong way and sew it place. Thankfully it doesn't look that hard to rip out and put in correctly.

    You are going to train Aspen not to eat the coke cans before our vacation right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori, I'm Heather from the Free Backgrounds Blog ☺. I peeked in to see what background you chose and found these photos. I haven't read much through but also saw the St. Bernard's in the first photos up there.

    This dog looks JUST LIKE ours...the one in the background photo. We found her at a Humane Society a few hours away (online) and drove to get her. Her momma was an American Bulldog but no one knew what her daddy was (a stray). She and her brothers/sisters were taken to the Humane Society. I just can't get over how much your dog looks like Gracie :). It's a neat find!!

    Thank you for using this background.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...