Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It's raining again today, which will probably lead to more flooding before the first round has even really receded. The roads out of our neighborhood are still closed to the north, east, and west. We can get out to the south. I drove out to school today to see if I could get there, which I can, but I had to go south for  miles before I could get back on the freeway going north and then get to Hwy 34 to go east, and it was raining hard, so it was very slow! Then, when I got to school, I discovered that the ceiling there has started to leak. We've had more water in the past 4 days than we normally get in a year! 

We've been spending lots of time inside, obviously. Today, I made a pumpkin pie from the pumpkin we grew, Mike made chili using homemade tomato sauce and ground elk from my parents, and I also made two pots more of tomato sauce today, so it's been some yummy homemade harvest! I had to dash out in the rain to pick some more tomatoes--about 3 gallons this week, but I think they are finally about done. Everything is so water logged and muddy too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...