Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Zoo Day

Since the rain took a break today, we decided to take a break too, and we met up with Colin and his boys at the zoo. We had a fun morning wandering around, checking out the animals, and visiting with the cousins.











After we got home, I painted a couple walls in the guest room while Jack had a short, late nap. Then, we took Aspen for a walk, and then I mowed both lawns and did some outside work while Jack played in his sandbox (AKA, the mudpit, because days of rain have turned it to a soupy mess).This all made me late, so I didn't head into the house to make dinner until about 6pm. Jack stayed in the backyard playing. I went in the kitchen to get out ingredients, and looked up two minutes later to see Jack smearing mud all over the sliding glass doors. So, by time I cleaned that up and fed the pets, it was close to 6:30 and I still hadn't started dinner, so Jack and I ended up going out for a quick dinner. This didn't work out so well.

First, right after we ordered Jack had to go potty. I left my notebook and pen on the table to indicate we were coming back and headed off to the restroom with him. While we were gone--all of 3 minutes--the busboy cleared our table and took our drinks. Sigh. They got us new ones and lucky hadn't cancelled our food ticket yet, so that was only a minor bump. Then, the minute our food arrives, Jack manages to stab his finger with his fork and make it bleed. Major drama...he cried throughout the meal, didn't eat, and showed everyone within a 5 table radius his owie, while I tried to scarf my food as quickly as possible and just get out of there.  I'm reminded why I don't go out with him much. I think we were gone and back in about 45 minutes, including drive time to the restaurant!

I'll be very glad when Mike gets home from his business trip tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...