Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend!

We had a very nice Thanksgiving over at Lesa and Colin's house. The food was fabulous, and the boys had a fun time playing together. I was terrible about taking pictures. Here are the only two I took:


Then, Friday we went and did a little bit of shopping, but we weren't very ambitious. We left the house around 8:30, but we went out for breakfast first, so we probably hit our first store around 10am and were home again by lunch time :).  Then, we put up the tree. Jack is very excited about Christmas this year. He thought decorating the tree was great. It just kept getting "more awesomer." 


 We woke up to snow this morning, which was even more exciting than Christmas decorating. Jack was dressed and ready to go outside before 8am this morning. Since we were out anyway, Mike and I decided to start putting up Christmas lights while Jack played.

I did the ladder climbing since Mike hates to. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I have one strand on the hedge to the right of the door that's not working. I'll have to investigate in the light of day, but otherwise, I like it!
This afternoon, we did a little family painting time. Mike did the Santa, I did the star, and Jack painted the Christmas tree ornaments.
 Here are some pics of the house, all decked out.



 Then, Mike decided Jack was old enough and got out his old legos this afternoon. Jack was SOOO excited. He's been building things and telling stories about them all evening!

 I also got my burlap wreath reset for Christmas and worked on several Christmas projects today. All in all, it's been a really busy weekend so far. I'm glad we have one more day left tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my - a busy and for sure rewarding weekend. Great post, thanks for keeping us involved.
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...