Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter 2016

We started the morning with a yummy breakfast and and egg hunt at our house. I forgot to get pictures of this part.  Note to self: I had some chocolate bunnies in gold foil that I hid outside not in plastic eggs because I ran out. I thought they'd be fine. We hid the eggs and bunnies and went inside for breakfast. When we came back out 30 minutes later, all chocolate bunnies were gone. Apparently birds really like chocolate too!  So that didn't work. 

Waiting for the parade to start:



Then, we enjoyed watching the Snohomish easter parade! I'm not sure Patrick and Dylan were impressed, but the little boys liked it. And I liked it!  













Jack liked everything except the cannon the Seafair pirates were shooting off! He spent a lot of time with his ears covered!

After the parade, we had lunch, did a little shopping, and then went to Flower world, where I bought some strawberry starts and spring flowers, and Jack got to see the baby lambs (and chickens, goats, ducks, and peacocks). 




Then, we came home and Jack helped me dig holes to plant my flowers and strawberries and also transplant a couple blueberry bushes that I needed to move. It was a beautiful spring day with sun and 62 degree temps.   Of course today, there was a big hail storm that beat up all my spring flowers pretty badly! It looked like it snowed afterward.


Jack enjoyed his easter "basket" this morning. He especially liked the puzzle, which he's put together several times today.


We've spent most of the day doing laundry, packing upstairs, and I've done lots of homework. I did make a nice Easter dinner of ham, roast potatoes, and roasted carrots for dinner. Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Parades and Pirtes are both fun, but a Parade with Pirates is even better!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...