Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow Day!


We woke up to about 5-6 inches of snow this morning (and it's still snowing), so Aspen was very excited. She guilt tripped me into taking her out by following me around staring with those sad, sad eyes, so I pull on the snow pants, snow boots, hats, scarves, ear muffs, coats, gloves, and extra socks and we headed out. She gets so excited by the snow that she wants to run, not walk, so here I am jogging through 6 inches of powder with my dog pulling me along like I'm a sled. I'm sure you can already picture the comic value in this, knowing me, but it gets better. The trouble is, with all the snow, it is hard to tell where the sidewalk ends and the curb begins so we are jogging along and I miss the edge of the sidewalk and my feet find nothing and I go down. So, I'm laying flat out on the sidewalk, and Aspen decides to come back to me and lick my face. Of course, this couldn't be private. Just as it happens there's a car going down the street, so he stops and rolls down the window to see if I'm okay, and he's laughing hysterically at me the whole time!


We get up and jog on and run through the park and all its pristine snow, come home, go around the block and she still has energy so we head into the backyard to play. Then, I'm trying to get down the steps off the deck in my snow boots, big pants, and all the stairs covered in snow and I slip and go down again. What does Aspen do? She runs back to me while I'm lying on the ground, grabs ahold of the end of my scarf, and runs off with it to start a game of keep away. Too bad I didn't have the camera with me!


We played in the backyard for nearly an hour. She still wants to go out and play more, but I'm exhausted already! It's a good day to stay in the house, bake cookies, work on my Christmas cards and gift wrapping, and of course, somewhere in there, I will have to do some school work! Happy December!

2 comments:

  1. Well Lori, you appropriately named your blog Adventures With Aspen and I think she is holding up her end of the bargain! After bundling up in winter protection gear it is no wonder you lost track of where you ended and the clothing/boots started. I'm wondering if you read Kami's new post...she had NO "white stuff" or a dog to blame for her fall which sounds pretty painful.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas .... but glad it's only a dream!

    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...