Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Catching Up on the News

We spent Saturday running errands, and we also took Aspen for a long walk at Arapahoe Bend. Though it still looks like winter, with most of the plant life still brown and leafless, Mike enjoyed playing with his new camera and learning how it works, and we all enjoyed the fresh air. Aspen enjoyed running around and pouncing on field mice and other critters she would hear rustling in the grass. I came home with a sore knee after several sprints with Aspen, but the exercise was good for us both.

Then, Saturday night, we went to see My Fair Lady at the Candlelight Dinner Theater, which was a great play. We really enjoyed it.

In other news, school has been keeping me very busy. I've been missing school frequently lately for doctor's appointments, so it seems like I'm always playing catchup. The good news is that I don't have any more appointments for a couple weeks. In addition, this is "College Week" at my school. My National Honor Society students and I are hosting events all week to encourage students to go to college, so that's extra work on top of my usual load. Plus, spring is always a little crazy because the kids start to lose focus rapidly. But, I am pleased to note that we only have 5 1/2 weeks left before summer vacation!

Starting tomorrow, Mike and I will be attending photography classes at the local rec center, so that should be fun. Mike is hoping to learn more about his new camera, and I will hopefully learn some tips for my yearbook class.
Lesa's wedding is only two weeks away, so that's our big event coming up! Can't wait to see everyone.


















2 comments:

  1. great pictures with the new camera. It looks like a fun outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update on your life. looks like a fun walk with Aspen

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...