Friday, June 14, 2013

First Summer Project...Done!

For my first project of the summer, I did some new decor for Jack's room. The animals of his babyhood are mostly gone, and now we have planes, trains, and automobiles in their place. I left the room walls the same colors but painted a roadway traveling over two walls and then added cars, trucks, a bus, and a tractor in vinyl.  We got some new storage furniture in blue from Ikea too.  I still need to find some curtains, so I guess it's not entirely done. 

 I made a new sign for above his bed with the theme and colors and "J is for Jack." I had to put a fire truck in there somewhere because Jack loves "Weeoo, Weoo" trucks. I didn't replace the crib bumpers, since I figure we are about done with those.

 Here's a closer view of some of the little cars and planes...And, Jack loves tractors and school busses so I had to make sure and get a couple of those in too.


 That picture is straight on the wall, so apparently I didn't hold the camera very straight!



 On Sunday, Logan celebrated his 2nd birthday, so we went to his birthday party and played at the park. He really misses his daycare friends so we try to get together once a week at least.

 Thursday, we went to the zoo for a couple of hours. We had to ride the train twice and the carousel once! We enjoyed looking the polar bears, tigers, and elephants too. It's nice to have time to do all these fun things.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...