Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Products of Fall


I had a busy day yesterday, trying my hand at canning for the first time. I made homemade pasta sauce and canned it as well as canning pears and peaches. And, I made a batch of peach jam as well. I love the fall colors of the jars, which turned out so prettily.

I also made a peach pie-which turned out pretty well if I do say so myself-primed the wall in the guestroom with Mike's help, worked on laundry, schoolwork, and put out my fall decorations.
Sadly, one of my scarecrows has already fallen victim to the cannibalism of Aspen, so I might have to put these away again to save them. All that appeared left after the massacre were some straw and a sad little hat lying on the floor. We later found the body outside on the lawn, chewed into many pieces. So, I have to keep close watch on my remaining decorations!

1 comment:

  1. Having never canned, I am so impressed. The jars do indeed, look so pretty and fallish. Still laughing at your poor scarecrow and his demise at the jaws of Aspen!.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...