Saturday, January 30, 2010

This, that, and wedding invitations

I know I've been neglecting my blog lately, but it's been a busy couple of weeks. And, let's face it, my life is just not that interesting. I've been a work-a-holic these last two weeks, spending many late nights at school because of conferences (10 extra hours of talking to parents this month!), yearbook deadlines, and trying to learn some new technology I got through a grant. Then, I've been spending my time at home making wedding invitations for Lesa. I've never made so many of the same design before.

In addition, it was with sadness that we learned this week of the passing of my Uncle Bill and Owen Richieleiu, a dear friend of Mike's parents, so I've made some sympathy cards this week as well. We certainly have these families in our thoughts.

Then, Mike's truck broke down on the way home from work Wednesday night, so that certainly complicated our lives--and took a hit on our pocketbook--for a few days. But, he has his truck back now, complete with a new fuel pump and battery. Then today, we spent what money we had left ordering new windows for the house, since our house is so drafty and non-energy efficient. I know we need them and that it will help our heating bills tremendously, but I have to say I just can't get excited about this purchase. Yes, they will be nice to have, but they just aren't fun to shop for. I was struck by how much shopping for windows is similar to shopping for a new car, complete with very attentive salemen, viewing of models, and paperwork sessions.
I am enjoying the smell of fresh bread baking in the oven right now! Mike has been on a kick lately, with bread making every weekend. Which, I certainly appreciate. Imagine a husband who bakes! Last week's bread had good flavor but was a little too dense. It certainly appears that Mike has overcome that problem successfully this week. Take a look at this beauty...I can't wait to try it!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the new blog look, that owl sitting in the branch...too cute. I wish that bread was in my mouth because it is watering at the sight of it. Yummy I hope.

    The invites look fabulous. Lesa will be appreciative for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...