Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's been one of those days!

Thank goodness for honest people! I accidentally left my purse in a cart at Home Depot today, but some nice person turned it in right away (Meanwhile, I got all the way home before noticing and freaked out.). I went right back to get it, of course. I blame it on loading a big bag of thinset, which I had to go get because we thought we were going to run out, but we didn't. Makes it even better that it happened for something we now don't need!

I spent most of the day today interviewing potential teachers for an open English position we have, which is always interesting. I'm always surprised that some people really don't know how they come across in public, and they don't speak well or anticipate questions. Lesson #1--Do not write your cover letter so that it sounds like an infomercial. Lesson #2--Do not speak incredibly slowly, which makes you sound hesitant. Lesson #3--A surprising number of English teachers do not know what the word lexicon means! Lesson #4--Answer the question, all parts of the question, so help me god! It's shocking how many people don't elaborate to explain their answers without insane amounts of prompting. Of course, we had several good interviews too, and I think we've found a good candidate. Hopefully, he accepts the job.

The tiling is finished, except for grout. I have to grout tomorrow and touch up paint in places and then we can start putting in vanity, fixtures, etc...I've included a sneak peek at the tile here. I will take many more pictures when the room is done. However, everything has taken so much more time than I anticipated. I've been forced to conclude that the bathroom won't be finished before vacation. Since we are leaving in two days, I really need to turn my attention to getting ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. Way awesome job with the tile work, those seams are PERFECT! wow, I'm more than impressed, I'm not worthy! Great job.

    Don't forget to pack the canoe!
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, The bathroom is awesome. I am so impressed. I will swap you a quilt for home remodelling help on our next project. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...