Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fun Craft Project

It's been awhile since I posted any craft projects, so here's a fun one. My mother-in-law showed me these mini-albums when we were on vacation and I made one then. I made the second with my friend Rolayne, whose baby is due any day now. You'll never guess what they are made from! Not that I'm going to keep you in suspense. You make them from empty toilet paper rolls! You just iron the tube flat, cover it with papers and embellishments and punch holes in the end. You can create pull out cards with tabs and ribbons that go in the opening created by the flat tube, and then connect the tubes with book binder clips.

As you can see, I haven't put any pictures in mine yet, but I will soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm PROUD of you...those look wonderful, reminds me of vacation and the fun we had. So glad you could share this little craft with Rolayne, the baby idea is great.

    I've made several more (it's addicting but time consuming). Have people leaving the tp rolls on my desk...a mite embarrassing!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...