Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back to it!

I know I've been neglecting my blog this week, but I don't seem to have much of interest to write about. I'm transitioning back to full-time work now. Summer is pretty much over for me and the chaos of the rest of the summer has died down as I have turned thoughts to what I will teach this year. School starts August 17th, but I'm back to prep and plan now. It's tough to transition back into the hectic mornings. I never really learned to sleep in much, so it's not so much getting up early, but I've been spending and hour with the newspaper and breakfast, a nice glass of orange juice and some quiet time every morning, so it's hard to give that up! Oh well! I always like the beginning of the school year when everything is fresh and new, teenagers are more positive than usual, and I still have some energy.

On the upside, I won a competitive grant to purchase materials to create a podcast program and accompanying blog with my Advanced Word Power (vocabulary) class, so that will be fun. When we get it up and running you'll all have to check it out. Right now, I'm waiting for the check to come so I can buy the equipment we need, and then of course I have to learn to use it so that I can teach the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...