Monday, July 13, 2009

Shaver Lake 2009

Our vacation started with a week at Shaver Lake with the Harper and Mandell families. We had a great time hanging out by the lake, riding the jet ski and pontoon boat, doing crafts, eating, and exploring. We got Jason and the girls hooked on fishing and went on an adventure to Dinkey creek. The weather was hot, but with lots of water to cool off, it wasn't bad. I think my favorite day was renting the boat to tour the lake. It's a goregous lake with many little coves and islands to play in and on. Aspen especially loved the small island because she could go without her leash for a little while. I highly recommend tour by boat.

Marie, as always thoughtfull and generous, had prepared with water bottles and fun beach bags filled with goodies for all of us to use. And, a special treat to me, she brought craft projects and scrapbooking matierals for the girls. I even got to try out the Circut and confirm that I do want one some time.

The week went by amazingly quickly and soon we were packing up for our next leg of the journey. I have lots of fun pictures, but here are just a few:








Everyone enjoyed watching Aspen repeatedly bury her bone around camp, and you will all be happy to hear that as soon as we got home she took the same bone and "buried" it in our closet! She looks like a little pig, rooting around in the dirt with her nose.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Please tell me you have a CD with the pictures ... p-l-e-a-s-e! Looks like a great Jewell Journey - did you get a new T-shirt for the event? Notice the Mike is wearing a different clean shirt in every picture. Now is that camping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all my pictures and can put them on a CD. I need to ask Kami and Marie for their pictures too. Mike's wife is nice and did laundry for him during the trip:)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...