Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back to Fall

The universe must know I have to go back to school tomorrow because today is a perfect, beautiful fall day. The temperature has been high 60s, low 70s, with just enough cool air to seem like fall but still be pleasant to sit outside in. I catch myself watching trees, expecting to see a spontaneous change to yellow and orange because this vibrant green doesn't quite match the feel in the air. I had to put a sweatshirt on this morning to walk the dog, which is okay with me.

Summer officially feels over today. I think I'm mostly ready for school tomorrow. I do still get excited for the first days. After that, it's just work, but the kids are well behaved and positive for a few days, and we are all excited to be wearing new clothes and seeing all our friends again.


Last night, we enjoyed a lovely date night as a last hurrah to summer! We had a great dinner (Prime rib for Mike and Shrimp and Mussels for me) at the Candlelight Dinner Theater and then saw their performance of Wizard of Oz, which was quite well done. There's a lot of local talent in Northern Colorado, and they know how to get a crowd laughing. Plus, it's always fun to have the Wicked Witch of the West as your waitress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...