Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Night Adventures

As I write this, it's about 12:30AM, and no I'm not a night owl. I'm not out of bed much after midnight, but Aspen's running around like a crazy lady right now. She had to go back into her crate all day today---or I guess technically I should say yesterday--since I'm back to work now, and clearly after sleeping all day she's just not ready for bed. We took her to the dog park after work and tried to wear her out, but the transition has been rough on both of us. We've been up since before midnight. I let her outside first off, and she destroyed two pots of flowers by pulling them down off the deck and tearing the flowers and dirt out in a matter of minutes while I was sitting on the couch half asleep. When I roused enough to go see what she was doing, she decided she wanted to race around the backyard with a broken piece of one of the pots in her mouth, trying to coax me into a game of keep-away. I responded by scolding her and making her go into the house, which she didn't appreciate. This isn't the first time she's broken or torn out flower pots--she seems to have a fixation there--but I feel less about to deal with it in the middle of the night. So now, she's racing around the living room, chasing the cat, and playing with her ball, while I hang out on-line. I've already surfed the web for half an hour, so I figured I'd share our adventures with you. I'll post this in the morning...

We finally made it back to bed around 1AM, and Aspen slept for the rest of the night. I, however, wasn't so lucky as I was wide awake by this point. It took me about an hour to fall back to sleep, so the 5:30AM alarm came very early, and it was easily to use that snooze button more times than I want to admit. Still I made it to work by 7:00am, and I'm here now, working tiredly, but working...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...