Wednesday, August 19, 2009

School Time

School is under way, and so far it's going well. Of course, we are just getting going on content, since you have to do all the book checkout, and going over syllabi, and all that first. I come home exhausted every night--I have to get used to the hectic pace again. All the students are very excited for these first few days, but then the honeymoon period will be over.

I was surprised at the last minute by getting a student teacher assigned to me. And, I'm the official mentor/evaluator for one of our new teachers as well. Apparently, I've joined the ranks of "experienced" teachers at my school. I'm mostly excited about the student teacher, but it's going to be hard for me to give up my classes for weeks! We'll see how it goes, but she seems like a nice woman. She's 22 years old and from Omaha, Nebraska. That's about all I really know. She started with me today. She'll begin by observing me teach for a few weeks and then start taking over a class at a time until she's teaching my whole schedule for about 4 weeks. My job is to evaluate her, support her, and help her learn how to be a teacher. It should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Disneyland!

We had a great time with 3 days at Disneyland!  The Disneyland Hotel was very nice, classy but with lots of discrete Mickey and Disney detai...